Claudy Old Church
St. Patrick’s Old Church was constructed approx. circa 1830 and is a Grade B listed building. The church was abandon for 25 years following the construction of a new chapel adjacent and it was clear the building would not survive another generation if left in such dereliction. The parish committee secured grant money from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and Dept of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) to carry out conservation works to the old church and revive the old building, not as a church, but a parish community centre.
We worked closely with the client and funding bodies and used conservation techniques and methods to revitalise this old building. Accommodation includes a large double height social hall, two large meeting rooms, and associated toilets and kitchen.
July 29, 2014
- Special conservation techniques